REVISED AND UPDATED OCT 2023
This Notice describes how we obtain and use Personal Data (which can be used to identify a specific individual) and other data (which can’t) about our users. Certain provisions of the Notice, which are clearly labeled, apply only to users who are citizens or residents of particular regions (e.g. California). We may change this Notice at any time by posting the revised Notice here. We will notify current users of the changes through email or otherwise. We need certain Personal Data about you (e.g., email for account creation, address information to verify payments) in order to provide the Services. We try to collect only what we need. The Services are not directed at children, and we will remove any information we have about children.
- General. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes how Autoland LLC and its affiliates collect, use and share information about visitors to our website (“Site”) at www.Autoland.com (together with its subdomains) and the users of our platform. The Autoland LLC platform and our Site together are the “Services.” “You” refers to any user of the Services, including, as applicable, visitors to the Site. Capitalized words used but not defined in this Notice have the meanings provided in our Terms of Service (the “Terms”).
- Third-Party Websites/Applications. These Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing Personal Data to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
- Region-Specific Provisions. Certain provisions of the Notice apply only within, or to residents of, specific jurisdictions, and are clearly labeled as such. Otherwise, the Notice applies to all users of our Services, regardless of location.
- Changes. We may change this Notice at any time. When we do so, we will post the updated Notice on this page and, if the changes are material, inform existing users through email or the Services. Any changes to the Notice will be effective immediately for new users and, for existing users, 30 days after we post the changes on the Site or otherwise inform them of the changes.
- Personal Data. As used in this Notice, “Personal Data” has the meaning provided under applicable law (including any similar term, such as “personal information” or “personally identifying information”), the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Personal Data includes any information which, either alone or when combined with other information we hold, identifies an individual, such as name, mailing address, email address, IP address, and telephone number.
- Why Do We Need Your Personal Data? We need certain Personal Data in order to provide the Services. You will be asked to provide this information — and must agree to this Notice and the Terms in order to user the services provided by Autoland LLC. This consent, which you may withdraw at any time, provides us with the legal basis we need to process your Personal Data. If you do not agree to this Notice, you may not use our Services. In addition, if you withdraw consent to our use of Personal Data that is necessary to the provision of the Services (such as email address), we will no longer be able to provide the Services.
• PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION (CALIFORNIA USERS)
- Autoland only shares your details with affiliates, partners, and vendors when essential for a transaction. They can use this information only for that service. We might, in the future, share user data with trusted third parties or release anonymous website statistics. If our policy alters regarding third-party sharing, we'll notify users, giving an option to remove their data.
- Personal Data That Autoland LLC Collects and Discloses. This supplemental California Privacy Notice only applies to our processing of Personal Data that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides California residents with the right to know what categories of Personal Data Autoland LLC has collected about them and whether Autoland LLC disclosed that Personal Data for a business purpose (e.g. to a service provide) in the preceding 12 months.
|Category of Personal Data Collected by Autoland LLC
|Category of Third Parties Personal Data is Disclosed to for a Business Purpose
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Data analytics providers
- Operating systems and platforms
- Service providers
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, address, telephone number. Personal Information does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records. Note: Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Data analytics providers
- Operating systems and platforms
- Service providers
HOW DOES Autoland LLC OBTAIN DATA?
We get data that you provide (such as when you use Autoland.com), that others provide (when you are invited to use Autoland LLC by your Credit Union). The personal Data we collect includes your email. We use technology, including cookies, to collect data that we use to provide and improve the Services. Additional information is available in our Cookie Preference Center.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information You Provide Us Directly
- Your Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Data such as email address, phone number, or postal address when you request information about our Services, register for webinars or request whitepaper downloads, request customer or technical support, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Interactive Features. We and others who use our Services may collect Personal Data that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g. messaging and chat features, commenting functionalities, forums, blogs, and social media pages). Any information you provide using the public sharing features of the Services (referred to herein as “User Content”) will be considered “public”, unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein.
- Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you replly to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV, and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and user your information to assess your qualifications.
Data Collected by Technology (Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies)
- Usage Data. We may also automatically collect data about the use of the Services (for example, pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities and other information about your use of features, and interactions with our platform and the Site) in order to provide and improve the Services (“Usage Data”). Usage Data is kept logically separated from Personal Data and is used to generate Aggregated Data.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data. We derive information about the use of our Services by aggregating Usage Data from large numbers of users (e.g., number of users within a particular jurisdiction). This “Aggregated Data” is de-identified, is owned by Autoland LLC , and is primarily used to help analyze and improve the Services.
- Cookies. We use first and third party cookies to recognize you and/or your device(s) and provide a more personal and seamless experience when interacting with the Services. Cookies are small text files place in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
- Necessary. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. They ensure basic functionalities and security features on the website.
- Functional. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
- Performance. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
- Others. We use other cookies that have not been classified into a category as yet.
HOW DOES Autoland LLC USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We use Personal Data for a variety of business purposes, including to validate your Account, provide the Services, provide user support, and communicate with you. We do not perform any automated decision making or profiling with your Personal Data.
Provide our Services. Autoland LLC uses Personal Data to provide the Services and respond to your requests, including to:
- i. Establish, maintain, and secure your Account.
- ii. Identify you as a user and provide the Services you request.
- iii. Improve the Services and your interactions with them.
- iv. Send you administrative notifications, such as payment reminders or support and maintenance advisories. You will not receive these notices if you opt out of receiving marketing communications as set forth below.
- v. Provide you with the correct interfaces and options required by the jurisdiction from which you are accessing the Services.
- vi. Respond to customer support inquiries and other requests.
- vii. Process applications if you apply for a job we post to our Services.
Administrative Purposes. Autoland LLC uses your Personal Data for various administrative purposes, such as:
- i. Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- ii. Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- iii. Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- iv. Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- v. Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services;
- vi. Developing new products and Services;
- vii. Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- viii. Authenticating and verifying individual identities, including requests to exercise your rights under this policy;
- ix. Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
- x. Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities;
- xi. Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
- xii. Complying with our legal obligations.
Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services. Autoland LLC may use your Personal Data to promote the Services, tailor the content, or send you other Autoland LLC marketing information, such as through email campaigns and custom audiences advertising. We may provide you with these materials as required by applicable law. EU users must actively choose to receive marketing communications. Users elsewhere (and those in the EU who have previously opted in) may always elect to stop receiving such communications. If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt out of the use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth in “Contact Information” below.
Other Uses. We may use your Personal Data for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
- i. Consent. We may use Personal Data for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Data or with your consent.
- ii. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling. We do not use your Personal Data for automated decision-making. Share Content with Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Please only share with us contact information of people with whom you have a relationship (e.g. relative, friend, neighbor, co-worker).
HOW DOES Autoland LLC SHARE PERSONAL DATA?
We never sell our users’ Personal Data. To provide the Services, we share Personal Data with service providers who are contractually obligated to comply with all applicable laws (e.g., GDPR, CCPA) and who can only access the Personal Data required for them to provide the relevant Services. If you direct us to share Secured Data that contains Personal Data through the Services, we will do so. We may share Personal Data with our affiliates, all of whom are bound by this Notice, and with an acquirer if Autoland LLC is sold or merged. We have no way to access Secured Data. Finally, we can disclose Personal Data where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights or the Services.
Autoland LLC will never sell your Personal Data (as “sell” is normally defined – see Sections 2 and 8 for information about “sales” as defined in California) or use it except as stated in this Notice. We share your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Third Parties You Designate. We may share Secured Data (which may include Personal Data) with third parties where you have provided your written consent to do so. While this data is transferred through our servers, we do not have access to it, as noted elsewhere in this Notice.
- Service Providers. We provide Personal Data to third-party service providers solely as required to provide the Services, including the ability to create accounts, provide technical support, process payments, or enable communication between you and Autoland LLC (e.g., Personal Data related to customer support issues is available to our agents). We review the security and data privacy practices of all these service providers to ensure that they comply with all applicable laws and this Notice.
- Corporate Restructuring. If Autoland LLC or its business or assets are acquired by or merged into another company, that company will possess any Personal Data in our possession at such time and will assume our rights and obligations under this Notice. Accordingly, we may share Personal Data in connection with any such transaction. Personal Data and other information may also be transferred as a business asset in the event of Autoland LLC’s insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
WHO DOES Autoland LLC SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communicate and Chat with Users
Marketo Email Marketing
- Functionality and Infrastructure Optimization
- Web and Mobile Analytics
- Website Hosting
We strive to protect the safety and security of all data in our possession, including Personal Data, through a variety of means, and we continually work to improve and update these practices. However, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of Personal Data we process.
- We use robust physical, organizational, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard Personal Data, and we regularly re-assess and revise our policies and practices to improve security. While we go to great lengths to protect your Personal Data, no method of data transmission or storage is totally secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data in our control. If you believe your Personal Data may have been compromised by us or the use of the Services, please contact us at email@example.com. immediately.
RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
- Per DMV guidelines, Autoland retains user data for a minimum of 7 years. For a copy of your data retained by Autoland, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA?
You can edit your Personal Data and adjust your privacy and data preferences via the Cookie Manager on our website. If you currently receive marketing emails and no longer wish to do so, you may unsubscribe from within any such email. if you do so, we will not send you operational and transactional emails
- Changing Your Information and Privacy Settings. You can request access and modification of Personal Data associated with your Account by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Email Communications. With your consent, we will periodically send you emails promoting the use of the Services, including tips on using our platform. You can opt-out of these emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email, or by changing your privacy and data settings in the Services. You may also request removal by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Currently, Autoland only shares your details with affiliates, partners, and vendors when essential for a transaction. They can use this information only for that service. We might, in the future, share user data with trusted third parties or release anonymous website statistics. If our policy alters regarding third-party sharing, we'll notify users, giving an option to remove their data.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
(CALIFORNIA USERS ONLY)
The GDPR and CCPA grant EU and California residents certain rights regarding their Personal Data, including the right to access and modify Personal Data held by providers (like us), and to have providers “forget” Personal Data that is no longer relevant. Most of these rights must be accessed from within the privacy and data preferences in the Services, but you may always contact us for assistance. Please include information about which rights you are seeking to exercise if you contact us. We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. It should not need to be said, but we will never provide worse services to, or in any way punish anyone who chooses to exercise these rights.
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data that we process. Except where indicated, these rights apply equally to EU and California users:
- Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data, in whole or in part (i.e., for marketing purposes). Certain Services may be ineffective upon opt out.
- Access/Request Information. You may access the Personal Data we hold about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your Personal Data and (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You may exercise this right at any time via your Account or by contacting us directly.
- Modification and Correction. You may modify inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data we hold about you at any time via your Account or by contacting us directly.
- Erase and Forget. In certain situations, for example when the Personal Data we hold about you is no longer relevant or accurate, you can request that we erase your Personal Data. If you delete your account, all Personal Data will be erased within one year of the date of deletion.
- Portability: You may request a copy of your Personal Data and may always move it to other entities in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format as you desire.
- Objection or Restriction. You may request that we restrict certain processing of your Personal Data or object to certain processing of your Personal Data.
Additional Rights for California Residents. California residents also have the following rights:
- Non-Discrimination. California residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of their rights conferred by the CCPA.
- Authorized Agent. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, please log in to your account or contact us as set forth below.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights or need assistance, please submit the request via email at email@example.com or write us at the address below. In your request, please make clear: (i) what Personal Data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only fulfill requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the email address from which you send your request, and we will need to verify your identity before doing so (which is typically done by having you make the request from within the Services). We will comply with your request promptly, and in accordance with applicable law. We may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
CONTACT INFORMATION; COMPLAINTS
Contact Autoland LLC. If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about this Notice or our data collection or data processing practices, or if you want to report any security violations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the address below:
9121 Oakdale Ave, Suite 100
Chatsworth, CA, 91311
Opt-out and Unsubscribe
Ensuring users have full control over communication preferences, all users are opted out of SMS communications by default. Consent is obtained either on Autoland.com or via our sent messages. To cease receiving SMS messages, reply "STOP" or "unsubscribe" to any Autoland SMS. For email communication preferences, an unsubscribe link is present at the email's bottom.